My Dove Award 2013 Predictions & Dream Nominations



As you may know by now, I am not happy with this year's Dove Award nominees AT ALL. So I decided to make my own preferred nominees and winners alongside making my predictions for the ACTUAL boring, awful Dove Awards. Today I'm going to post my predictions for Artist, Song, New Artist, and Songwriter of the Year along with my personal wished predictions for the deleted but oh so important categories of Male, Female and Group of the Year. Feel free to share and comment with your own thoughts.

Who knows, maybe we can make enough noise to make the GMA change their categories back to the way they should be and stop the label block voting for the actual awards which has completely compromised the integrity of these awards. (We're all looking at you Word Records! -_-)

Actual Predictions

Song of the Year
Winner: 10,000 Reasons
DarkHorse: Redeemed, Where I Belong or anything by the Crabb Family
Robbed: This list is incredibly bloated with songs that have no business being here but considering what was played on radio this past year and a half, all the heavy hitters are represented here.

Songwriter of the Year
Winner: Matt Redman
DarkHorse: Wayne Haun (who writes all the Crabb songs)
Robbed: Matthew West every year!

Artist of the Year
Winner: TobyMac
DarkHorse: Chris Tomlin
Artist: Delete Francesca, insert Mandisa. Delete Tamela Mann, insert Matt Redman

New Artist of the Year
Winner: For King & Country
DarkHorse: No one really... maybe Colton Dixon could sneak in here.... probably not...
Robbed: No one really... pretty insignificant two years for new acts unfortunately...


Dream List
Based on success at radio and retail, critical acclaim, touring, and press exposure. My desired winner in bold and blue.

Artist of the Year
TobyMac
Chris Tomlin
Lecrae
Matt Redman
Mandisa

New Artist of the Year
For King & Country
Colton Dixon
Capital Kings
Tasha Cobb
Rhett Walker Band

Song of the Year
10,000 Reasons
Take Me To The King
Where I Belong
Redeemed
Whom Shall I Fear
Forgiveness
What The Blood is For
Need You Now
All This Time
The Proof of Your Love

Songwriter of the Year
Matt Redman
Matthew West
Benjii Cowart
Jason Ingram
Ben Glover

Male Vocalist of the Year
Chris Tomlin
Matthew West
TobyMac
Matt Redeman
Jason Crabb

Female Vocalist of the Year
Mandisa
Tamela Mann
Britt Nicole
Francesca Battistelli
Plumb

Group of the Year
Building 429
Mercy Me
For King & Country
Big Daddy Weave
Tenth Avenue North




Comments

  1. This was an interesting post to read. I personally don't follow the Dove Awards, but I do remember hearing that For King & Country won an award either this year or last year (heck, or both for all I know).
    Just wondering if you get the Christian radio station K-LOVE in your area. They have an event kinda similar to the Dove Awards called the K-LOVE Fan Awards. If you know what the awards are, what do you think of them? I enjoy them, but I also don't like it how the same people seem to win the same awards every year. My friend told me that Chris Tomlin apparently won "Best Male Singer" three years in a row...kind of ridiculous in my opinion.
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Artists I Miss

Indie Artist Rundown

Top 14 Albums of 2014