The Top 13 Radio Singles of Spring 2013

It's a new season and time for a new list of the top 13 singles of Spring 2013!

1. Meredith Andrews- Strong God



I can't believe how much I like this song! The passion in Meredith's voice in undeniable. Here's to hoping radio latches onto "Strong God" as much as I have!





2. Bebo Norman- Sing of Your Glory

This is the final proper radio single from Bebo Norman :( I can't tell you how sad I am about this. I should place this song at #1 for nostalgia's sake but I love "Strong God" too much! Bebo goes out in style with "Sing of Your Glory". And while it wasn't one of my favorite tracks from his excellent final CD Lights of Distant Cities, its a fitting conclusion for his radio career. Bebo, may you continue to "sing of His glory, now and forever." We will miss you.





3. Brandon Heath- Love Does


An obvious follow-up single to "Jesus in Disguise", I predict a big #1 finish for "Love Does".






4. Building 429- We Won't Be Shaken

It's a blatant copy of "Where I Belong" but honestly, who cares?! This is a great song!





5. Jonathan Thulin & Charmaine- Dead Come to Life

This single was originally released as a buzz physical single for JT & Charmain's Love/War Tour over a year ago but its just now going for adds at radio. Its a great song that should appeal to a wider audience than  Jonathan's first single from The White Room, "Bombs Away", an epic power ballad duet with Rachael Lampa. With Capital Christian Music backing Dream Records now, this may have a shot on CHR.








6. Matthew West- Hello My Name Is


Infectiously fun and joyfully inspirational, the second single from Matt West's Into the Light is the best upbeat single he's released since "More". Let's hope it has the same kind of success!





7. Kari Jobe- Find You On My Knees

A fearless vocal performance from a typically quieter worship artist that is quickly morphing into this generation's Twila Paris.





8. Beckah Shae- Incorruptable

FINALLY some good Christian dubstep! This stands up against any secular radio single Pitbull or David Guetta can put out but also gives a pretty great summary of Phillipians 3 & 2 Timothy 4.





9. Jason Gray- Nothing is Wasted

One of the most beautiful and understated singles of the year that continues to grow on me with each listen.





10. Natalie Grant- Hurricane

Not the best carrier radio single of Nat's career but its been so long since we've had new music from my favorite female singer that I'll take this- thank you very much. I was hoping for a bit more from her vocally towards the end but this is a pleasant and radio ready pop song that should reach multiple formats.






11. The Afters- Every Good Thing

I loved this song when it first came out but after repeated listens, its starting to get a tad annoying...






12. Chris August- Restore

A great stand for the sanctity of marriage and the hope of reconciliation  
Divorce should not be an option for two people who love Jesus.






13. Sanctus Real- Pray

A much stronger single than "Promises" but I still wish they put out "Run" instead. That being said, "Pray" could be an anthem for our generation if properly promoted.




Bonus Mainstream Songs:


David Cook- Laying Me Low & Carrie Underwood- See You Again


It's always nice to hear some good new music from my favorite male & female American Idol winner. Carrie's single has a strong chance to cross over onto CCM radio too so maybe next quarter her song will make my Christian Radio list. Cook's song is a nice return to form for a guy who's kinda fallen by the wayside. Its kind of a sad song but its super catchy if you ask me!





Comments

  1. Love your blurbs about each song! Written so well, and short, sweet, to the point.

    Have no clue how you came to the conclusion that Kari Jobe is the next gen Twila Paris though! haha

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andy!

    OK Here's why I think Kari Jobe is the next Twila Paris:

    1. Their voices have a similar high pitched, yet thin and intimate sound to them. They both are good singers but not exactly the most amazing vocalists. She also sings worshipful soft pop/rock ballads kinda like Twila Paris did.
    2. They are both most well known for their worship music but the majority of their music is more inspirational pop than praise and worship.
    3. They both had pretty unimpressive debut albums on smaller labels and their second albums (and first on a major label) were a HUGE improvement and had some great songs and production for their respective eras (Twila had "We Will Glorify" and "Keeping My Eyes On You", Kari has "We Are" and "Steady My Heart").

    Time will tell if Kari's 3rd album will have a song as big as Twila's "Warrior is a Child" but if she does, I think she will follow a similar career to Twila's.

    Does that make sense or am I just trying too hard to find my next Twila? HAHA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Artists I Miss

Indie Artist Rundown

Top 14 Albums of 2014