The Top Radio Singles of Winter 2013

This first edition of Top 13 Radio Singles for 2013 features a good mix of new and established artists. 2013 looks like its shaping up to be a pretty interesting year in music with many big name artists scheduled to release albums throughout the year. Stay tuned!

1. Jonathan Thulin & Rachael Lampa- Bombs Away

Two of my favorite singers together on one song? Yes please!



2. Tenth Avenue North- Worn

One of the most honest songs on radio right now. 



3. Audio Adrenaline- Kings & Queens

I was shocked at how much I liked this! Classic Audio A, this is not. But with songs this good, who cares?!



4. Britt Nicole- Gold

Britt's first foray into the mainstream has a very strong Radio Disney vibe but I'm just glad she's not compromising her message or her look for fame. Yay for a non-ballad radio single!



5. Francesca Battistelli- Strangely Dim

WORD! WHY are you re-releasing another Fran Batt album?! With five new track on the Hundred More Years Deluxe Edition you're halfway to a new record. "Strangely Dim" is a good lead single for the album too so I don't get why we are getting a re-released record instead of a full new collection of songs. Bad move Word. But... regardless, this is a good song!



6. Josh Wilson- Carry Me

Another solid single from a guy who I need to stop forgetting about.



7. NEEDTOBREATHE- The Devil's Been Talking

I thought Word/Atlantic was done releasing singles from The Reckoning so this was a pleasant surprise. I love the theme of this song- you don't have to believe the lies- through Christ, you can change who you are. Now if they'll just release "White Fences" to mainstream radio...



8. Unspoken- Who You Are

This is the debut single from a new band with a similar theme to NTB's "Devil's Been Talking" that I just really like for unknown reasons. Just a really solid debut single that preaches a message we all need to hear.



9. Barlow Girl- Hope Will Lead Us On

If you released this song while you were still together, it would have been a HUGE #1 hit for you. Goodbye Barlow Girl, you will be missed. 



10. For King and Country- Middle of Your Heart

Another great single from the best new artist of 2012.



11. Chris Tomlin- Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)

This one had to grow on me but I figure I'll probably be singing this song for the next 5 years so I'd better get to liking it. Truth be told it is a classic Chris Tomlin song so there's no reason not to love it.



12. Casting Crowns- Already There

The most radio friendly song on Come to the Well.



13. Finding Favor- Slip on By

Another great debut single from a new artist. I saw these guys live and they are the real thing!



Bonus Mainstream Song:

Phil Phillips- Gone, Gone, Gone

I could not stand this guy on American Idol and thought he'd be next in the long line of white guy with a guitar AI flops.  But his debut single "Home" caught my attention in a big way and it turns out he's way more than a one hit wonder because "Gone Gone Gone" is just as good- as is his whole debut album The World From This Side of The Moon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christian Artists I Miss

Indie Artist Rundown

Top 14 Albums of 2014